iNintendo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kart racing should be contained to the race tracks. We keep getting hit by random green shells.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Days of Ruin  (Read 391 times)

gerberman256

• Fairy
    • View Profile
Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Days of Ruin
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »

[float=left][/float]Days of Ruin was released in January of 2008, roughly two and a half years following the release of Dual Strike. I had been waiting on pins and needles for the game to come out. It wasn't until I saw the first screenshots and heard about the story that I began to worry. It wasn't long after I booted the game up that I realized those worries were not false.

Intelligent Systems took the loose and easy going story of the previous Advance Wars games (there's a bad guy ... stop him) and completely reversed it. The game now takes place shortly after a meteor shower has destroyed most of the earth and the majority of the population is now dead. The game essentially revolves around a young cadet named Will. He wakes up in the war torn world and is found by Captain Brenner. Brenner is the captain of a small army who basically roams the world looking for survivors and just trying to keep himself and his people alive. Since Will was a part of the same army before the meteors, Brenner takes him in and agrees to take him to the next town towards safety. On the way to that town, you are attacked by a group of bandits. This begins your first battle of Days of Ruin.

Continue reading Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Days on Ruin here!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:29:58 PM by Desert Turtle »

Desert Turtle

• Carl B.
  • Administrator
  • String Bean
    • View Profile
    • iNintendo
Re: Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Days of Ruin
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »

Agree completely, thought this game was so bland compared to the first one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up