iNintendo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

iNintendo does not endorse piracy. Ships are expensive.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Dual Strike  (Read 337 times)

gerberman256

• Fairy
    • View Profile
Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Dual Strike
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

[float=left][/float]Let me start this off by saying that throughout the years, I have sunk about 200 hours into this game. I bought it launch day August 22nd, 2005 when the DS was still in its infancy. For someone starved for a DS game this was a god send. I had played the other Advance Wars games and loved them and Dual Strike took the standard Advance Wars formula and made it a whole lot better.

For those of you not well versed in Advance Wars, it is a tactical war game where in the same vain as Final Fantasy Tactics. The main difference between the two is that Advance Wars incorporates a money aspect. You start out the mission with a set number of buildings under your control already and they will each give you $1000. There will be many other of these buildings spread out across the map that you must try and capture to increase your spending power. The money is then used to purchase stronger units such as tanks, artillery and mega tanks to help out your infantry soldiers who have very limited range and firepower.

Continue reading Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Dual Strike here!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:45:41 PM by gerberman256 »

Desert Turtle

• Carl B.
  • Administrator
  • String Bean
    • View Profile
    • iNintendo
Re: Remembering the DS: Advance Wars Daul Strike
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »

So many great memories with this game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up