iNintendo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you can see this, you just won 1,000,000 Klown-dollars. To be fair, the exchange rate is pretty terrible.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion  (Read 769 times)

Desert Turtle

• Carl B.
  • Administrator
  • String Bean
    • View Profile
    • iNintendo
Monster Hunter Tri Discussion
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

After a few months off from the game, I've finally got back into Monster Hunter Tri. Does anyone here play?

For those who don't have the game for some reason, here's my review I wrote back in April.

Eriksoln

• Fairy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »

"Monster Hunter Tri features the most robust cooperative online multiplayer found on the Wii."

Funny, but I heard this in an Amazon review and it actually kept me from buying the game.  I don't want to have to go online and hope someone else is playing in order to play the game.  I've only gone online with two games:  Mario Cart Wii and Madden NFL 12.  With the Madden game, trying to play people online is........well..........."maddening".  It's enough to make you want to rage.  I've given up on using the internet for any gaming experience because of how poorly the Madden online experience is.

The Amazon review I read also said the game was VERY involved, extremely time consuming.  That is something I can handle after I'm done with school, but not right now.  I like games with more of a casual gamer's demand on my time. 

Sad but true, if I had gotten a Wii sooner and started playing this game, I think I would have loved it.  Beautiful landscapes and customizable characters are what draws me in.  I'm just not able to commit the time game demands.
Never..........EVER.........under any circumstances........play leap frog with a unicorn.

Desert Turtle

• Carl B.
  • Administrator
  • String Bean
    • View Profile
    • iNintendo
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »

Yeah, Monster Hunter requires a LOT of free time to get into.

Medieval Nudist of the Dead

• Joey E.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »

Hopefully the Wii U will change your views with online play. With me preferring the PC, online becomes a daily part of life.
Also I still need to get a controller for MH3

Eriksoln

• Fairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:02:56 AM »

I do plan on getting the Wii-U.  Not sure exactly when though.  I know I will not be getting the first wave that are released.  I never buy the first wave of a new system.

I'm looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed on it.  Brotherhood looked so good.  I'm willing to bet Madden will be interesting on it also.
Never..........EVER.........under any circumstances........play leap frog with a unicorn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up